Saturday, February 9, 2013

This Week: Hollie McNish, Stephen Morrison-Burke, Mark Niel, The Antipoet and me.

I'll be doing support duties at a couple of poetry events this week. On Wednesday 13th it's the next round of Hammer & Tongue with a headline set from Hollie McNish who needs no introduction to poetry fans in Cmabridge and listeners of headstand and support from Stephen Morrison-Burke winner of the Cambridge heat in last year's slam. If you're a poet you might just be able to squeeze into the slam though last I heard there was only one place left. That means it'll be incredibly exciting! Where do I come in? I'm kicking of the slam as sacrificial poet, not competing but setting a bench mark for the competitors. For full details and tickets click here.
Next Sunday it's the Rhythm Method tour headlined by Mark Niel and The Antipoet, both terrific acts who don't get to Cambridge often enough. Check out the videos below. Leanne Moden and I will be supporting and Fay Roberts is hosting. More info here.
If I hear of anything else worth recommending in the next week I'll let you know on Twitter via the show's new feed. Follow @headstandradio


No comments:

Post a Comment